We have come a long way from operating one bus route in 1932. We currently move around 200 million passengers each year on over 300 bus routes across Sydney and around 30 bus routes and a ferry service in Newcastle. Providing transport to the people of Sydney and Newcastle requires the combined effort of over 4,500 staff.
At 31 October 2007, State Transit’s bus fleet totaled 1,990 buses:
- 1,129 buses are air-conditioned
- 966 buses are low floor design
- 868 buses are fully wheelchair accessible
- 403 buses are CNG powered
- 300 buses have Euro 3 diesel engines
- 703 buses comply with the Euro 3 emission standard
- 70 buses comply with the Euro 5 emission standard
For up-to-date information about the State Transit bus fleet, visit our Bus Fleet pages.