Benefits for Apprentices
In addition to the other benefits available, apprentices also receive:
- Tools, uniforms and PPE
- TAFE fees for apprentices paid upfront
- Reimbursement for TAFE learning materials and textbooks
- Access to the Commonwealth Government’s Trade Support Loan Scheme which supports apprentices with the cost of living and other incidental learning expenses. For more info, visit the Australian Apprenticeships website.
- For fourth year apprentices, access to post trade courses;
- For fourth year apprentices who have obtained their qualification, opportunities to be interviewed for a Merit List and act up in tradesperson positions as they become available.
- Opportunity to become a permanent tradesperson through a merit selection process conducted within 12 months of completion.
- For apprentices who complete all the vocational training requirements of the trade, opportunity to apply for a MVRIA (Motor Vehicle Repair Industry Authority) Tradesperson’s Certificate.