State Transit is committed to delivering safe, reliable, and environmentally sustainable bus and ferry services at an affordable price. The environmental benefits of delivering on this commitment include better air quality, less congestion, enhance energy and resource efficiency, reduced waste and greener Depots.
This policy is our commitment to:
- Be a leader in Bus Industry Environment Management.
- Proactively identify and manage our Environmental Risks.
- Set targets, monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance.
- Working towards best practice environmental standards.
- Promote awareness of the benefits of public transport in creating sustainable environments.
- Prevent pollution incidents, reduce emissions and optimise energy efficiency.
- Incorporate sustainability into our business and planning decisions.
Our policy relies on these environmental principles:
- Managers will demonstrate the leadership and commitment necessary to foster a culture of environmental responsibility.
- Implementation of State Transit's Environmental Management System, will help to achieve the Policy's objectives.
- Environmental risks are to be identified, assessed and controlled to minimise and mitigate the environmental impacts of our operations.
- All employees, contractors and operators have a responsibility to protect the environment, and to prevent pollution.
- All staff will be provided with the environmental knowledge, awareness and resources required to meet their environmental responsibilities.
Our operations, decisions, plans and actions will be conducted in accordance with this Policy.